The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME A-Z

Callinet-Daublaine-

Ducroquet

Saint-Denys-du-Saint-Sacrement

Parisian organs built by

Daublaine-Callinet-Ducroquet

Saint-Denys-du-Saint-Sacrement (1839) Notre-Dame-des-Blancs-Manteaux (1841) (case only) Saint-Gervais Orgue de choeur (1845) Saint-Eustache (1854) (case only)
The Daublaine company was founded in 1830-1831 by the Abt Jean- Louis Cabias (1793-??). In 1834 André Marie Daublaine (an engineer) joined as co-founder and Marie Antoine Louis Suret (1807- 1876) became foreman. In 1838 the firm merged with the firm of Louis Callinet (1786-1846). Louis Callinet (1786-1846) was a pupil and cousin of Francois Callinet and came to Paris in 1806. He worked with Pierre-François Dallery and in 1821 he associated himself with Jean-Antoine Somer (until the death of the latter in 1830). Facing serious financial difficulties, he sold his company in 1838 to Daublaine. Louis Callinet left this company in 1844 because of a dramatic event (in a moment of madness he devastated the organ of St. Sulpice, of which he undertook the restoration almost ten years earlier) and he ended his carrier by working as a laborer at Cavaillé-Coll. Félix Danjou (1812-1866) became commercial director of the Daubaline-Callinet firm in 1839; in 1841 Charles Spackman Barker (1806-1879) became director of operations. Due to the dramatic events in Saint-Sulpice (see above) and Saint-Eustache (this organ was destructed by a fire caused by Barker himself), the company was liquidated in 1845 and taken over by Pierre Alexandre Ducroquet (1798-1877), who employed Barker again. In 1855, the company was bought by Joseph Merklin . Daublaine-Callinet was the leading organbuilder during 1835-1840; Cavaillé-Coll and Merklin took over this role after 1840.
Organs of Paris

Callinet-

Daublaine-

Ducroquet

Saint-Denys-du-Saint-Sacrement

Parisian organs built by

Daublaine-Callinet-Ducroquet

Saint-Denys-du-Saint-Sacrement (1839) Notre-Dame-des-Blancs-Manteaux (1841) (case only) Saint-Gervais Orgue de choeur (1845) Saint-Eustache (1854) (case only)
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt COLOPHON
The Daublaine company was founded in 1830-1831 by the Abt Jean- Louis Cabias (1793-??). In 1834 André Marie Daublaine (an engineer) joined as co-founder and Marie Antoine Louis Suret (1807- 1876) became foreman. In 1838 the firm merged with the firm of Louis Callinet (1786-1846). Louis Callinet (1786-1846) was a pupil and cousin of Francois Callinet and came to Paris in 1806. He worked with Pierre-François Dallery and in 1821 he associated himself with Jean-Antoine Somer (until the death of the latter in 1830). Facing serious financial difficulties, he sold his company in 1838 to Daublaine. Louis Callinet left this company in 1844 because of a dramatic event (in a moment of madness he devastated the organ of St. Sulpice, of which he undertook the restoration almost ten years earlier) and he ended his carrier by working as a laborer at Cavaillé-Coll. Félix Danjou (1812-1866) became commercial director of the Daubaline-Callinet firm in 1839; in 1841 Charles Spackman Barker (1806-1879) became director of operations. Due to the dramatic events in Saint-Sulpice (see above) and Saint-Eustache (this organ was destructed by a fire caused by Barker himself), the company was liquidated in 1845 and taken over by Pierre Alexandre Ducroquet (1798-1877), who employed Barker again. In 1855, the company was bought by Joseph Merklin . Daublaine-Callinet was the leading organbuilder during 1835-1840; Cavaillé-Coll and Merklin took over this role after 1840.