The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt          HOME       A-Z           

Rieger

Philharmonie (2016)

Parisian organs built by Rieger

Eglise évangélique Baptiste  Montparnasse (1907) Saint-Michel-des-Batignolles (1923) CNSMS (1990) Philharmonie (2016)
Rieger   Orgelbau   is   an   Austrian   firm   of   organ   builders,   founded   by Franz   Rieger   (1812-1886).   His   sons   Otto   (1847-1903)   and   Gustav (1848-1905)    and    his    grandson    Otto    (1880-1920)    followed    their (grand)father.   After   Otto’s   death   in   1920,   his   school   friend   Josef   von Glatter-Götz   took   over   the   firm   and   started   a   new   dynasty   with   his sons   Egon   (1911-1940)   and   Josef   (1914-1989).   At   the   end   of   World War   II,   the   firm   was   nationalised   by   the   Czech   government   and merged   with   another   workshop   as   Rieger-Kloss.   Josef   von   Glatter- Götz   father   and   son   and   workers   of   the   original   firm   moved   to Austria   and   founded   a   new   workshop   in   1946   as   "Rieger   Orgelbau". Josef   Glatter-Götz,   Jr.'s   three   sons   Caspar   (*1945),   Raimund   (*1948) and   Christoph   (*1951)   followed   him   into   the   family   business.   The latter    was    managing    director    from    1977    until    his    retirement    in 2003.   President   and   owner   of   Rieger-Orgelbau   GmbH   since   2003   is Wendelin   Eberle,   who   entered   the   firm   as   apprentice   in   1978.   This firm   does   not   aim   to   copy   any   specific   style,   but   rather   tries   to create   a   new   tradition   which   allows   the   interpretation   of   the   full range of organ repertoire.
Organs of Paris

Rieger

Philharmonie (2016)

Parisian organs built by Rieger

Eglise évangélique Baptiste  Montparnasse (1907) Saint-Michel-des-Batignolles (1923) CNSMS (1990) Philharmonie (2016)
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     COLOPHON
Rieger   Orgelbau   is   an   Austrian   firm   of   organ   builders,   founded   by Franz   Rieger   (1812-1886).   His   sons   Otto   (1847-1903)   and   Gustav (1848-1905)    and    his    grandson    Otto    (1880-1920)    followed    their (grand)father.   After   Otto’s   death   in   1920,   his   school   friend   Josef   von Glatter-Götz   took   over   the   firm   and   started   a   new   dynasty   with   his sons   Egon   (1911-1940)   and   Josef   (1914-1989).   At   the   end   of   World War   II,   the   firm   was   nationalised   by   the   Czech   government   and merged   with   another   workshop   as   Rieger-Kloss.   Josef   von   Glatter- Götz   father   and   son   and   workers   of   the   original   firm   moved   to Austria   and   founded   a   new   workshop   in   1946   as   "Rieger   Orgelbau". Josef   Glatter-Götz,   Jr.'s   three   sons   Caspar   (*1945),   Raimund   (*1948) and   Christoph   (*1951)   followed   him   into   the   family   business.   The latter    was    managing    director    from    1977    until    his    retirement    in 2003.   President   and   owner   of   Rieger-Orgelbau   GmbH   since   2003   is Wendelin   Eberle,   who   entered   the   firm   as   apprentice   in   1978.   This firm   does   not   aim   to   copy   any   specific   style,   but   rather   tries   to create   a   new   tradition   which   allows   the   interpretation   of   the   full range of organ repertoire.